Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Favorites: Part 2/Lent


This is more of a confessional post, inspired by exploding chicken. I was reheating leftovers for lunch, when 20 seconds in it exploded, leaving the microwave a mess without ever getting the slightest bit warm. That's the moment when I realized it is Lent and it's Friday. The universe must be telling me not to eat that chicken. Then I thought about how gluttonous my first post today was, which I've been preparing for 2 weeks. It takes longer to write posts when a 5 month old thinks he can type faster then you. It inspired me to change the tone of Friday Favorites to something more meaningful during Lent. So here are 5 things that I truly love and inspire me to be a better person:

1. My family. Mr. Huu and Baby Huu are so dear to me. They inspire me to be stronger and more motivated to reach goals. They also push me to be more empathetic and understanding. I have my struggles with religion, but The Church is important to my husband so I am trying to make more of an effort to put those doubts aside.

2. Being a SAHM. I am so LUCKY to be able to stay home with my baby. It's such a joy to wake up every day to his smiling face. It is a struggle sometimes, when he's feeling bad or overly tired or when I'm not feeling well. There are no sick days. Some days there aren't even bathroom breaks for SAHMs, but once things calm down, spending time with your baby is worth every second of the rough stuff.

3. Extended family. Not everyone is lucky enough to have siblings, parents and in-laws who love your lo as much as you do. Baby Huu is blessed to have so many people who care for him and I'm so thankful for all of them. There are certain family members who hurt my family a great deal and it's reassuring to know that my son will never experience that pain from a relative.

4. The dogs. Huxley and Tilly can make Baby Huu laugh so hard that his eyes tear up. They are learning to properly interact with him, and they love him so much. ♥

5.My husband. This probably goes with number one, but it takes up the biggest chunk of my heart. Where would I be without him? I don't want to know. Sometimes I don't have the words to tell him how much I love him. Other times, I'm afraid he will think I'm being weird if I do tell him. So I just don't say anything. But is it really better that way? Not likely. He might like to know that all the little things he does are appreciated, but he wont acknowledge it. The way he interacts with the baby and how involved he is in child care. The way he cooks dinner most nights (he's the better cook btw). The way he puts up with Tilly. She's not a bad dog, it was just terrible timing when we adopted her. The way he remains encouraging even when I disappoint myself or both of us. They all testify to what an amazing person he is. (He will probably be embarrassed by this, so don't tell him about it lol)

That's my impromptu Friday Favorites. What is your biggest inspiration to better yourself?

1 comments: